WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT?
You directly provide Samuelson Furniture with most of the data we collect. Samuelson Furniture may collect your data when you:
- Register online to subscribe to our mailing list.
- Fill out the form on the Contact page.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
- Purchase, order, return or exchange any of our products and services online, over the telephone or in person.
- Request a copy of an invoice.
- Request a quote, special order or information about any of our products and services;
- contact our customer service staff.
- Apply for employment.
- Provide us with comments or suggestions.
- Visit our website or any of our physical locations.
The personal information we collect includes the following:
- Contact and identification information, such as name, address, telephone number and e-mail address;
- Information concerning the products and services we provide to or receive from, you, including with respect to the service, maintenance and repair history of such products;
- Credit and financial information such as payment methods and preferences, and billing and credit history;
- Business relationship information, including information related to your agreements, preferences, advisors and decision-makers; and customer relationship information such as customer service requests and feed-back and information requested or provided by or from you.
We may also collect market-related information, which may include personal information, concerning market trends and activities impacting our business. This information may include contract terms, financial information and other information for the purpose of market analysis and strategic planning. We may also collect information related to our media, investor and public relations activities and information related to our interactions with financial and other analysts and advisors. As a general rule, Samuelson Furniture collects personal information directly from you. In most circumstances where the personal information that we collect about you is held by a third party, we will obtain your permission before we seek out this information from such sources (such permission may be given directly by you, or implied from your actions). The third parties that we may collect information from include credit reporting agencies (for the purpose of conducting a credit check where you wish to obtain credit from us). From time to time, we may utilize the services of third parties (including other members of Samuelson Furniture) in our business and may also receive personal information collected by those third parties in the course of the performance of their services for us or otherwise. Where this is the case, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that such third parties have represented to us that they have the right to disclose your personal information to us. Where permitted or required by applicable law or regulatory requirements, we may collect information about you without your knowledge or consent.
HOW WILL WE USE YOUR DATA?
Samuelson Furniture collects your data so that we can:
- To establish, maintain and manage relations with our customers (for example, we will use personal information to establish a customer’s identity and location so that we may accurately deliver and bill for products and services);
- To establish, maintain and manage relations with our suppliers;
- To analyze customer requirements for our products and services so that we may work to improve our products and services;
- To communicate with suppliers in order to improve the products and services supplied to us;
- To be able to inform you of products and services that members of Samuelson Furniture, or third parties that we have carefully selected as partners, may wish to offer you, including sending you information promoting the products and services of those members or partners;
- To be able to comply with your requests;
- To verify your identity (for example, name, address, telephone number and birth date, if applicable);
- To verify creditworthiness;
- To protect us against error, fraud, theft and damage to our goods and property;
- To enable us to undertake our environmental, health and safety activities, including incident planning, response and investigation;
- To enable us to comply with applicable legal, audit or regulatory requirements (for example, we may collect personal information to satisfy the obligations imposed on us by various regulatory boards or agencies to follow procedures mandated by such boards or agencies in respect of the provision of our products and services); and
- Any other reasonable purpose to which you consent.
We may use your personal information without your knowledge or consent where we are permitted or required by applicable law or regulatory requirements to do so.
WHEN DO WE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Further, your personal information may be disclosed:
- As permitted or required by applicable law or regulatory requirements. In such a case, we will endeavour to not disclose more personal information than is required under the circumstances;
- To comply with valid legal processes such as search warrants, subpoenas or court orders;
- As part of Samuelson Furniture’s regular reporting activities to other members of the Samuelson Furniture including Samuelson Furniture affiliates outside the United States;
- To protect the rights and property of Samuelson Furniture (for example, to collect a debt or to protect ourselves from fraud);
- When we require legal advice from a lawyer;
- In an emergency that threatens an individual’s life, health, or personal security;
- When the personal information is available from a public source (for example, the telephone book) or - with your consent, where such consent is required by law.
If you provide us with your email address, we may send you email messages to keep you informed of our promotions and offers by using your first and last name, postal code and email address. In order for Samuelson Furniture to provide you with these email messages, we may need to pass your name and contact information to our service providers who assist with the delivery of this email service. We may also use third party companies to authenticate and validate your email address.
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date. You have the right at any time to stop Samuelson Furniture from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your data to other members of the Samuelson Furniture To learn more about this please contact us:
Call us at: 888-289-4489
Or write to us: 11-13 Maryland Avenue, Paterson, NJ 07503
In addition to the information you provide, if you visit our website, we may collect information during your visit using automatic data collection tools such as cookies, web beacons, embedded web links and other commonly used information-gathering tools which collect certain standard information which your web browser sends to our website during your visit. Samuelson Furniture may use this information to analyze customer activity, composition of web traffic and to make improvements to its website.
Note that your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to websites and online services you visit. There is no consensus among industry participants as to what “Do Not Track” means in this context. Like many websites and online services, Samuelson Furniture currently does not alter its practices when it receives a “Do Not Track” signal from a visitor’s browser. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” you may wish to visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
WHAT ARE YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS?
Samuelson Furniture would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. When requesting access to your personal information, please note that we may request specific information from you to enable us to confirm your identity and right to access, as well as to search for and provide you with the personal information that we hold about you. We will make the requested information available within 30 business days, or provide written notice of an extension where additional time is required to fulfill the request. We may charge you a minimal fee to access your personal information, however, we will advise you of any fee in advance. If you require assistance in preparing your request, please contact us.
Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request Samuelson Furniture for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Samuelson Furniture correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Samuelson Furniture to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Samuelson Furniture erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Samuelson Furniture restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Samuelson Furniture processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Samuelson Furniture transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us:
Call us at: 888-289-4489
Or write to us: 11-13 Maryland Avenue, Paterson, NJ 07503
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our website, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- They allow a service to recognize your computer so that you do not need to repeat the same information several times;
- They recognize that you have already given a username and password so that you do not need to do this again for every web page accessed;
- They calculate how many people are using the services, so that they can be made easier and faster to use;
- They analyze data to help us understand how we can improve our services;
- They help us to understand how you use our website;
WHAT TYPES OF COOKIES DO WE USE?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, some of the common ones our website may use are:
Enable the site to function correctly and are used to gather information about how visitors use the site. This information is used to compile reports and help us to improve the site. Cookies gather information in anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors came from and the pages they viewed.
Produce statistical analyses of the way users navigate the site (using computers or mobile devices), the number of pages viewed, or the number of clicks made on a page during navigation of a site.
Optimize the performance of our website by making it faster to upload the pages you are visiting, thus offering a better user experience.
Third Party cookies:
By outside companies. The use of these cookies does not normally imply the processing of personal data. Third-party cookies derive from flags for other sites, such as advertising messages, present on the website viewed. They may be used to record use of the website for marketing purposes. They are sent by other domains and can contain ads or pictures which are incorporated in the page. When visiting our website you may receive cookies either from our website or from other websites.
HOW TO MANAGE COOKIES
PRIVACY POLICIES OF OTHER WEBSITES
HOW TO CONTACT US
Designated Privacy Officer
11-13 Maryland Avenue, Paterson, NJ 07503
We will endeavour to answer your questions and advise you of any steps taken to address the issues raised by you. If you are unsatisfied with our response, you may be entitled to make a written submission to the Privacy Commissioner applicable for your jurisdiction.
REVISIONS TO OUR POLICY
INTERPRETATION OF THIS POLICY